PLEASE READ THESE INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY PRIOR TO LOADING YOUR BOAT ONTO THE DOLLY.
You will need to know two dimensions prior to adjusting and loading your boat onto the Wheeleez® Boat Dolly:
- Beam – Measure the beam. You will use this dimension to determine the distance between the Upright Stanchion Rollers.
- Length – Measure the length of the boat and note the center or middle. You will use this dimension to estimate the Center of Gravity (CG)*.
#1 - Adjust Boat Dolly width using the Wire Lock Pins.
- After you determined the beam of your boat, adjust the Upright Stanchions so that your boat will rest between the Upright Rollers, NOT on them.
- Secure Hull Cross Strap prior to loading boat onto the dolly.
#2 - Adjust Boat Dolly length using the Wire Lock Pins. Bolts, washers and nuts are used for the Bow Stop Roller.
- Determine boat’s CG: Pull boat onto dolly until it balances on the Hull Cross Strap - this is the CG for your boat.
* NOTE: The CG is not necessarily the ‘center’ or ‘middle’ of the boat, however, the measurement made earlier is a fair estimate and a good starting point.
- Adjust dolly length so that your boat rests against the Bow Stop Bumper.
- Move the Bow Stop Roller to a position that best supports your boat.
- If tongue weight is heavy, shorten dolly length to move the CG aft.
- If tongue weight is light, lengthen the dolly to move the CG forward.
#3 - Adjust Boat Dolly height using bolts, washers and nuts.
- Adjust the Upright Stanchions so that your boat has several inches of clearance above the Axle Cross Beam when loaded.
NOTE: The Hull Cross Strap is a tightly woven nylon, but may stretch slightly over time. Check for proper installation and support prior to each use.
Back to Boat Dolly Page.